Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I can't help it. . .

Joseph hates it when I make him the subject of my blog, but I'm very proud of him and I just have to share his good news.


He's flying to Chicago tomorrow to accept the Johnson Prize for the Master of Arts Program in the Social Sciences during the Spring Convocation on Friday at the University of Chicago. Joseph was a graduate of MAPPS with the Class of 2007.



The Earl S. and Esther Johnson Prize is awarded annually to that student in the Master of Arts Program in the Social Sciences whose paper best combines high scholarly achievement with concern for humanistic aspirations and the practical applications of the Social Sciences.

The $1,000 Prize was established in the memory of the founder and long-time director of the Program. It is awarded in the spring of each year to the writer of an M.A. paper submitted the preceding academic year. Papers that meet the prize criteria and earn a grade of A are automatically considered.


Thanks for letting me share the news; we're just so proud of him.

No comments: