Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's a small world...


Evening is when I look through some of my favorite blogs. Invariably, something always catches my attention and leads me to another blog, and so on and so forth. Last night, while visiting Barely Sane...Blog of a Bear Nut, Sandi's tutorial for making felt gingerbread people caught my attention. Visit Sandi's tutorial to see how to turn this cut-out into a cute little Gingerbread Man.


A comment left by Dawn of Cottage State of Mind caught my eye. She promised
photos of the treasures in her attic. Who can resist a chance to take a peek into another person's treasures? Certainly, not me. If you love collecting things "just because," then take a look at Dawn's post, Playing in the Attic.


But that's not the best part. Reading Dawn's profile, I found she grew up in the Central San Joaquin Valley of California. So did I! Well, it's a big Valley, so finding someone who grew up there isn't such a big deal. But this is: the internet connects me with Sandi in Australia, and Sandi connects me with someone from my own back yard. I love the friendships I've found through blogs and bears and the creative spirit. Amazing!

3 comments:

Bearly Sane said...

Thank you for popping by again Marlys, I did leave you a little message on that post.
I agree that the internet has opened up many doors and created a bond between people who may never meet. Out of all the networking systems in play I really think blogging is the best.
Warmest Hugs.
Sandi

Dawn said...

LOL! What a surprise! I came by to leave a message after reading your nice comment and here you've posted about me!

You are so right, this big world is getting smaller! I live in Merced now but from about 3 years old to 4th grade I lived in...Porterville! He,he,he...did you fall off your chair? I think we moved from there sometime in 1975.

I had a quick look at your recent posts and your bears are so cute. I see that you sent one to Florida. I found Barely Sane through the rooster party hosted by Barb at Bella Vista, in Florida. So we've pretty much come full circle!

I'm glad you stopped by. It's fun meeting other CA bloggers!

Dawn

Marlys Waggle said...

Dawn, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a note. You are right! I did just about fall off my chair when I saw that you lived in Porterville for a while when you were young. That really is amazing. You are much younger than I so we probably didn't cross paths then, but I find our our Porterville connection very interesting.

And thanks, too, for your nice comments about my bears. I'll continue to check in on your blog and your new-found treasures on occasion.

Marlys