Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Long Overdue Reunion Update

Thanks to everyone who wrote me a note of interest about my reunion. I suffered a little post-reunion depression when I got home and realized how much I miss my hometown friends. It was like the years hadn't passed at all.


Judi, me, Patty, Toni

It was an outside event at a ranch belonging to a school friend, though not in our class. Even though it was miserably hot that evening, everyone said it was the most fun they've had and a reunion, and I thought so, too.
Friday evening after we arrived at the hotel, Judi and I opened a bottle of wine and invited some classmates staying in the hotel to our room for just catching up. She thought my hair style was doing nothing for me and she brought out the scissors and I told her to have at it. I didn't see what she was doing until she finished but I loved it...thought it made me look younger.



Unfortunately, I went off and left my camera in the room so I've had to depend on others sharing their photos.




And just for fun, the four of us at the last reunion I attended, 1994, the 30-year.
Darlene, Toni, Linda, me




And, to show you what I looked like before Judi cut my hair...what do you think?
And I'm already looking forward to the next one in 2014.

7 comments:

Lombardbears said...

You look FANTASTIC, You have a wonderful smile too!!!
Hugs Lindax

bensonbear said...

You look like you had a great time at the reunion Marlys, what a big smile on your face! Your hair looks great, and it does make you look younger. Take Care Hugs x

Dawn said...

Hi Marlys! I was just poppin in to see if I had missed anything lately and I see you posted today!

It looks like you had a great time! What fun to look back at the previous photo. The 90's seem like AGES ago to me.

Glad you posted, I missed my new friend.
Hugs,
Dawn

Unknown said...

Hi Marlys

I like your new hair style its really flattering and you do have a wonderful smile !

Hugs
Raewyn

Bearly Sane said...

Marlys you are so lucky to have a natural curl and I love the new look!
But I with that smile, you could be bald and you would still look pretty.
Thanks for sharing the photos.
Hugs,
Sandi

Marlys Waggle said...

Ladies, thank you all so very much!

Nancy D said...

Reunions are great! Glad you had a good time and wonderful new do.
I have listed you for an award on my blog. Check it out.